CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

THE weight post

So...

I had a baby....

And now, 6 weeks later... none of my pants fit.

I didn't even gain that much weight with the baby! Only 23 pounds. My baby was 8 lbs. Why do I still weigh 16 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight? What about the placenta? That thing was freaking huge! And the extra blood volume... COME ON PEOPLE.

But... I have to admit, I was at my heaviest pre-pregnancy as well. I did a lot of comfort eating this time last year after my miscarriage. So, I need to lose weight.

Large amounts of weight.

Lets put it this way... I want to be at 180 (that's not a hugely skinny number even!) and I need to lose 50 pounds to get there. You do the math as to how much I weigh right now.

I hate it. I have always been slightly chunky... but I've never been truly uncomfortable about my weight. I HATE seeing pictures of Keevia and I because I feel like a huge, fat, cow (a milk cow in fact...ha!). I'm also paler than CRAP. This does not lead to pretty pictures. But I have never been this embarrassed by my weight. My GOAL size is a 10 (I've been a 12 before! I can do it!). I'm currently an 18/20 *dies*.

So. I plan on purchasing Jillian Michael's "The Shred". Cutting out all pop, and fast food (when possible), cutting back on bread and pasta and trying to cut out all sweets. Once it gets warmer, I plan on walking with the baby as much as possible.

And... that is all.

1 comment:

  1. I did Jillian Michael's '30 day shred' when I had to drop weight FAST for a friends wedding, and it was great! And I didn't even have 30 days! I ended up losing 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I highly recommend it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!