CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Home-Made Laundry Detergent

So, I blogged about this before. But I can't find it. And I changed my recipe. And I've been getting a lot of questions about it, soo... here we go!

P.S. I swear upon Keevia's Wiggles DVDs that I'm going to be blogging more soon. The end.

1 (or two if you double) rinsed out LARGE laundry detergent containers (I used a Purex Naturals)
1 Cup WASHING soda (yes, you can use Baking, but Washing works better. Look for Arm & Hammer DYE FREE, FRAGRANCE FREE... I found it at Meijier)
1 Cup Borax (some people leave this out, read up on it, try it out, then decide)
1 Bar of Soap (Ivory or Kirk's work best for me!)
Hot Tap Water
Funnel (look in the automotive section)

Grate your bar of soap. Put in a kettle and JUST cover with water. Melt slowly until no more lumps (this may take around 20-30 minutes depending on your grating skills). Meanwhile, using a funnel, add the washing soda and the borax to the CLEAN container (Just a note, you CAN use empty gallon water jugs, but the lid stays on the laundry detergent bottles better, and you have a measuring cup as the lid!), then add the soap water once it's melted. Fill with hot tap water.

You are DONE! This stuff cleans my husbands clothes, so you know it works! Any questions, just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!