CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm still pregnant

Most of my contractions are manageable... in fact, they've slacked off SOME. Friday I was having quite a few strong ones (why is it already a Friday?) and I have, in fact (cover your eyes if you get grossed out easily) lost my mucus plug over the past few days. I got all excited because I lost a big piece this morning and then started having like crampy contractions and I was all "THIS IS IT!" but it wasn't. Sad face.

I'm really torn right now between desperately wanting her to hurry up and come, and wanting to soak up these last few days of Keevia being an only child. I'm SO ready to meet her and snuggle her and nurse her and wear her.... but Keevia is my baby too. And her life is about to forever change. For the good, but it's going to be a huge change.



















Carl and I got to get outside with K some today (we had the first REAL snow of the year last night) and take her sledding some. It was nice to be outside, just the three of us. She had a BLAST and I wish (only for her sake!) that the snow would have stayed around a little longer. I detest winter, but I remember how much fun it was as a kiddo. Honestly, I swear she had fun. She FREAKED OUT when Carl first sent her down the hill, but a few minutes later she was going "We try again?" Then she and Carl both got snowballs to throw at Mommy, and everytime they threw them, she'd go "Try AGAAIN??". Her little personality is just SO huge. And she really is the sweetest kid. If she thinks she's upset you, or she thinks that she's done something wrong she goes "OH I sawwie Mommy! I so sawwie!" If SHE gets hurt and you say something about it, she apologizes! She also picks up her toys, a lot of times, without being asked. I call her my little Monica (from Friends). I don't know how we lucked out with her, I honestly don't.

I also worry about how much I'll compare the girls. Babygirl#2 (I want SO BADLY to tell y'all her name, but we're still semi indecisive about it, so I'm not announcing it here or on Facebook until we've named her). doesn't seem to be quite as sensitive to noises in utero as Keevia was, but she also seems to be WAY more active. I remember Keevia kicking and moving, but she never kept me up like Bean does.

I can't wait for these girls to grow up together, and I can't wait to meet little miss...According to my calculations I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow, according to the midwife I'm also 38 weeks (she goes by my LMP which isn't 100% accurate I don't think). So she's welcome to come at anytime!

Keep us in your prayers!

And a picture of Carl being an AWESOME Daddy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!