CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Broken.

Heartbreak comes in a variety of places, and in a variety of ways.

I'm sitting here, feeling my daughter swim around inside me, completely thankful for her life on a day-to-day basis.

Some people that I know (I met them through an ex-boyfriend and through a church camp, but I've maybe had 1-2 conversations with them ever) lost their baby daughter yesterday, she was around the same age as Keevia I believe, maybe a little younger.

I don't know what happened, I don't know the cause... but I have an inkling of the heartbreak that they are going through. I would not inflict that heartbreak on anyone. Period.

I think its worse the farther along in the pregnancy you are -- just from experience, I think I would be much more devastated if I lost a pregnancy in the third trimester than I was losing one in the first trimester, simply because I'm learning Keevia's personality, her likes and dislikes... I'm so deeply in love with her already... I felt the same way about our peanut, it just wasn't the same strength as these feelings. A problem with miscarriage though, is that I didn't connect with Keevia until I could feel her... whereas with Peanut I was much more into the pregnancy early on.

I feel so weird -- I don't know this couple very well at all, yet I am so, so, SO heartbroken for them. It's just an odd feeling, to hurt so badly for people who've only met a few times. I know, however, that they are broken, and they are needing.

Could you please just take a little time and say a quick prayer for them tonight? Simply ask that God wrap his arms around them, even tighter than they already all, and allow them to slowly see his plan in all of this.

1 comment:

  1. My heart aches for this couple that you mentioned...we lost our baby girl at 39 weeks, so my husband and I can really identify with them at this time. Praying that they find strength and peace and comfort in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!