CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Names

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Kelly always does Show Us Your Lifes... and I never participate because I'm a loser. However, baby names are something I'm real good at (haha). So, I decided to participate this week!

My little Diva's name is Keevia Lynn. Keevia is gaelic for Beautiful and Lynn (in addition to being my mother-in-law's middle name) means Light. So, Keevia's name means Beautiful Light. Shaina is hebrew for Beautiful, so she is kindasorta named after me!

If we have another little girl, we will probably name her Keely Michelle, or Keely Nichole. Keely Michelle would mean beautiful beloved of God (which is what my name means!!), but Keely Nichole would have both my sister and Carl's sisters middle name... so we'll see.

When I was pregnant, and we were picking out names, we had it narrowed down to Mackenzie Hope for a girl, and Edward Landon for a boy. Once we found out it was a girl, I actually sent out a text message "introducing" Mackenzie Hope. The next day, however, I told Carl 'Um.... Mackenzie is too overused... I know 3 off the top of my head... I want a different name." and he brought up my favorite name EVER which is Keevia. I quickly agreed!

We're also still tossing around the name Loreva Jean if we had another girl. That name is Carl's maternal grandmothers first name, and my maternal grandmothers middle name (which is the one she went by). We'd probably either call her Lori or Eva.

For a boy, we had picked Edward Landon... I'm just not sold on Landon anymore. It's just too popular right now. :( Edward is definitely NOT my favorite name, at all, but it was Carl's grandfathers name, as well as his uncle (who Carl is named after). I like the idea of Edward Owen, which would have both of Carl's grandfathers in one name, but Carl is stuck on Landon. We'll see, we have to have a boy first!

Other random names I like:
Lucia
Finnley
Makenna
Scarlett
Jacob
Luke
Alexander
Gaberial
Cullen
Journey

ETA:
Emmerson
Harrison
Riley (Girl's name!)

1 comment:

  1. Love her name. I have never heard that name before...Stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day...
    Have a few hours to blog hop and nothing makes me happier.
    I have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that I will be drawing for on Sunday night.

    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!