CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Scams

My heart hurts for the pain and hurt that the blog scam over little April Rose has caused people. I never became a "follower" of hers, because there was always something about the way that she wrote that got on my nerves. I did, however, follow Raechel's updates all day Sunday. I didn't know that she was 'past due' or that there were already suspicions that the story wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

I cried on Sunday, prayed for them and for baby April Rose, and mourned for their upcoming loss. Imagine my surprise when I logged in on Monday morning, and found that the blog had been taken down, and that the father had left a note saying that it would only be for updates from that point on.

I don't know the whole story, nor do I claim to try and understand it. Obviously there is more going on behind the scenes that we don't know. Mckmama and Angie Smith, two of whom I believe to be the more prolific bloggers in the Christian women's world co-authored a post tastefully addressing the situation. Raechel, who apparently is an in-real-life friend of Angies was taken in and duped just as everyone else was.

I don't know what was going on in "B"s life that would cause her to try and fool so many people. Several bloggers have brought up a good point though - as Christians, we need to continue to pray for her. Not as the mother to a terminally ill child, but as a person who is obviously so in need for attention that she had to fabricate a sweet baby girl.

As someone who has lost a pregnancy, this hits me hard. I can't even imagine trying to get anything out of a loss like that. It hurts my heart that she would even try. We need to not hate her though, we need to wrap her in the arms of prayer and ask that God take care of her in whatever situation she is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!