Friday, February 27, 2009

I know, I'm a horrible person.

Wow. I haven't blogged since Monday. Really though, it wasn't my fault.

I woke up on Tuesday around 6-7 and had to run throw up. I assumed it was the Mcdonalds I had eaten the night before, and went back to bed. I got up at 8:45 to get ready for class... and threw up again. This time, I wasn't so sure it was the Mcdonalds, and went back to bed a second time. I got up at 11 am to take Phenagren, and ended up in the bathroom having, ahem, problems from the other end. That's when Carl called the parents of the baby I sit for and told them I couldn't babysit that day. I went back to bed.

Basically, excluding when I was on the toilet, or the 1 hour I got up to try and eat some soup and watch NCIS...I was in bed, asleep. I seriously think I slept 20 hours on Tuesday. I threw up 4 times, everything I ate came back up and hour or so later. I was in the bathroom a LOT. I ran a fever for about an hour at 11 PM that night.

At one point, I was semi-awake, and I had Carl bring me my laptop and the first season of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. I managed to watch an episode and a half before the nacrolepsy took over again.

THEN I woke up on Wednesday, still a little nauseous but with a POUNDING headache. We're off for school yesterday and today for Winter Break, and planned on coming up to the in-laws. With that headache though, I couldn't think, let alone contemplate a 3 hour car ride, then 3 nephews once we got to the in-laws. Plus, I wanted to make sure I was completely over my bug before I got around my darling nephews. So, we stayed at my parents house. I was in misery. Everytime I moved my head I felt like my brain was bouncing off of the inside. It. Was. Miserable. I was going to just send Carl to his parents when I got up the next morning.

But, I awoke Thursday morning a new human being. No headache. No throwing up. So, after a visit to the chiropractor (retching makes your body do weird things...) we were off! We spent all day yesterday with the boys and their mom and Carl's inlaws...and now I'm sitting in the kitchen, typing this post! I'm the only one in the house right now, well, Carl's still in bed, but other than that... And I'm about to fix some cereal and flip through some channels...or maybe try reading some more Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I'm back, and posting regularly, I promise!


  1. Oh girl I am so glad to hear your feeling better :) Have a great weekend! In Christ, Melanie

  2. I totally got food poisoning from the Grayson McDonalds over Christmas break...but I definitely wasn't sick for three days afterward.

    Lets blame McDonalds for all life's problems.


I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!