CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 5, 2010

I hate antibiotics.

Okay, that's not true. I don't really. I just hate having to TAKE antibitoics.

Last Wednesday I had an appointment with my midwife (well, the midwife that delivered Keevia, because I'm no longer partial to her or to Melissa, they both ROCK). Don't get excited, I'm not pregnant. Nor did I THINK I was pregnant.

I've had some pretty weird symptoms for the past, oh, 7ish months. I mentioned them SEVERAL times at different pregnancy appointments, but they always said they were just yeast infections. Yeah, not so much. I've treated about 50 yeast infections in a 7 month period. Okay, not really, but it feels like it.

Please skip this paragraph if you have a weak stomach, are male, or don't want to know the details of my va-jay-jay. You have been warned I was having HUGE amounts of discharge. Like, 3-5 pantyliners a day full. Which is weird for a breastfeeding Mom. Normally, you're drier. I also had a fishy-smell to it. Some days it was yellow, some green, some white, some clear. If I failed to wear undies and a panty-liner, I would have SO MUCH discharge that it would cause me to get a rash on my thighs. It was also extremely sticky.

Grossed out yet? I thought so.

So, I went to the midwife. She took a swab of it, and went to look at it under the microscope. She came back and said I had a RAGING bacterical infection. So bad that A) she was sending it out for cultures of strep, staph and e-coli. I don't think any of them were positive, as I never heard back from her (and she said she would switch my meds if they were). Also, B) She usually gives an oral treatment OR a gel treatment. I got both.

So, I take my prescriptions (why do I always try to spell that word per instead of pre?) and go home (after having a granuloma removed as well. It wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be, considering she basically did a chemical peal on my girlbits). I got them filled the next day (late in the afternoon) and then forgot about them until 5:30pm. I finally go "hey! need to take my meds" open the bag, and see a lovely warning on the side of the bottle.

"WARNING: Do not take if you are breastfeeding" FABULOUS! Yes, I'm breastfeeding. Yes, my midwife knew this. No, I am not risking it. So, I had to wait til the next morning to start them (after calling the midwife).

And now? Now I feel like crap. The antibiotics are obviously starting to breakdown the infection, and I feel horrible. Worse than I did BEFORE I started them. But, I have had fewer symptoms...which is wonderful. And I know I'll feel better in a few days... but these first few days make me hate antibiotics.

Oh, and you're welcome for the nice color of green that is decorating your face after reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!