CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Speechless.

God's glory continues to amaze me. On days like today, when I have barely felt like moving off my chair (stupid fibro...) and have fixed pizza for supper because I feel so bad, God manages to bless me in the most peculiar and amazing ways.

I have an Etsy store (see the right border thingie). Actually, I have two. One is for my photography, and one is for my spinning. I recently had my first sell. 3 skeins of yarn, of an undetermined length. I sold it for a much lower price than is common, simply because I didn't know how much there was of it. The purchaser was a girl named Belle from Tennessee. I spin undyed rovings, so she bought it to attempt dying her own yarn. She commented on my Etsy this morning and asked if I would like to see pictures of the finished product, and if I did want to, to email her.

So, I emailed her. If I've never sent an email to you, the following is my signature at the bottom of all my outgoing mail.

--
"God is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask for or imagine." Ephesians 3:20
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless acts of beauty.
-
Shaina N
musicaltourettes@gmail.com


When she wrote me back, with the following b-e-a-utiful pictures, she said the following:
Wow. God is so good. I really needed encouragement and the Scripture you have at the end of your email made me cry! It was like God sent me a little note from His Word using you as a vessel :)


I then wrote her back, telling her the inspiration for the verse. I don't know if any of you have read Harper's story, on Kelly's Korner but you should. That verse is the mantra that Kelly used throughout her entire pregnancy and Harper's hospitalization. That inspiration was astronomical, and I decided to adopt that verse as my mantra, to overcome the miscarriage and the following steps to having a baby in our arms. I shared a bit of our story with her, and then mentioned how absolutely amazing God is.

In her responding email, she told me her story of infertility. She endured miscarriages, PCOS, IVF....and thousands of dollars of debt, but she finally gave birth to a healthy (and fat, as she put it!) baby girl. When their daughter was three, they decided that they wanted to try and adopt, by fostering first. Their first foster child was a 4 pound baby boy, who was a preemie born 2 months early. They were supposed to have him for 3 weeks while the paperwork went through for his already chosen adoptive family to take him. Before the three weeks were up, the adoptive family backed out, and Belle and her husband were able to take the baby boy, whom they named Elijah into their home, and their hearts.

I'm crying as I write this. Their story is such a strong one of inspiration... and how odd is it that we met because she purchased some yarn from me online? How awesome does God work? I just am flabbergasted, in awe, and praiseful.

I promised pictures. The first is the yarn I spun, and then the yarn I spun after she had dyed it. I'm speechless at how beautiful it is dyed!!




Isn't it gorgeous? Not that I'm biased. :)

Look for a post coming soon on Mommyness. It's something thats weighing on my heart, and bothering me, and I would love your opinions on it.

Keep my "uncle" in your prayers. He's in his late 60's, early 70's and was in a car wreck yesterday. Due to lack of insurance, he wouldn't go to the hospital, even though he was having abdominal pain. He lives with his 2 older sisters, and his older brother. One of his older sisters was supposed to have cataract surgery today, but I'm not sure if that still happened. They are actually our neighbors, whom I love dearly and grew up around, and they're basically extended family!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story and beautiful yarn! Looking forward to your story on Mommyness. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!