CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Why hello 4 Month Wakeful!

If you had asked me this time last week, I would have told you that I had a wonderful sleeper. Our bedtime routine was a bath at 8 or 8:30, lotion, pj's, bed, boob. She usually nursed to sleep, and stayed in my bed until I came to bed (usually around 11-12). I would then dreamfeed her (as she would wake up just enough to not want paci), then move her to her co-sleeper/pack'n play. She would sleep there until somewhere between 3:30 and 5:30, then come in bed with me and nurse several times until we woke up at 7:30.

I mean seriously, doesn't this sleeping babe look innocent?



However, since Monday. That schedule has been non-existent.

I don't know if its the time change, teething, 4 month wakeful, or a combination of all three... but my previous good sleeper has gone to crap.

We still do the bath routine. And she still nurses down (most nights) but then she wakes up anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour after going down. And when she wakes up, she WAKES UP. There is no laying back down with her and nursing ehr back down. She's awake. Usually until 12:30.

Sometimes she won't go down at all, and then, blissfully, is only awake until 10:30-11.

Most nights she sleeps fine once I finally get her down. Last night, I'm not sure what time she woke up, but I do know she nursed around 400 times. She would NOT take paci, and she screamed if the boob wasn't in her mouth.

Finally, around 7ish, she farted really big and then slept peacefully.

I'm at a loss. I also think it's REALLY sad that people start sleep training around this time. My daughter is one who falls in then "increase tension by crying" baby category, so even if I did agree with crying it out (which I so don't), there would be no such thing with her. But she has needs that need to be met right now, even if I don't know for sure what they are, it just makes me sad that people sleep train without meeting those needs.

Okay. She's starting to yawn. Maybe we can lay down and nurse? And maybe I can sleep some between now and 7 am?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!