CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

When it rains, it pours... but look for the silver lining!

Wow... what a couple of days. Carl has gotten the appeal he needed (YAY!) but now gets no financial aid (BOO!) So... he's going to appeal the financial aid, and then we'll go from there.

Worst Case Scenario:

He doesn't get the appeal, and we don't find out about it until after registration for KCTCS for the spring semester, and he has to take a summer class.

We can DO THIS! We just gotta have faith.

PRAY for:

Financial aid for me...everything comes out.
Money enough for both of us to go to Lincoln Center
Peace for the situation
Strength for me for the remainder of this week
Strength for cleaning the apartment. ITS A MESS!


I'm doing pretty well in the class I'm taking. It's long days, 6 hours in class. But, I'd love to be able to do classes a week at a time and get them OVER WITH!!

I have insomnia REALLY bad right now... I'm up until 4-5 every night. I slept a little bit better last night, but not a lot... I have to get up at 8 for the class. I pray this gets better next week!

My classes are straightened out. I'll now have:

MWF:
12:00-12:50 Seminar: American Christianity
MW:
1-2:15 Theology
F:
1-2:30 Drawing

TR
9:30-10:45 World Religions

I have Chapel from 11-12 on Tuesdays and Fridays, and I have choir Monday-Thursday. I also have to work 7 hours, gag.

If Carl can't get back in KCU he's going to try and get a better job somewhere, to add to the youth ministry position, and pick up a class or two from the surrounding community colleges.

We're both at peace with this right now. It may get worse... I still feel like the world is falling in around us, with the miscarriage, and now this. It seems like the beginnings of the month don't work out to great for us... but... we'll make it.

In better news: WE'VE MADE FRIENDS! There was a very cute couple, Rachel and Marcus who moved into our apartment building yesterday. They've been married a week. We had them over for dinner last night, and they had US over for dinner tonight. I'm super excited to have someone in married housing who loves Broadway musicals and cross stitching! This is gonna be great!

I'm going to wait for my tylenol to kick in, then try and tackle the Office/Nursery...there are boxes EVERYWHERE in there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you too right now...and typing at the same time so we'll see how that works.

    Are they new transfers? Or am I secluded? Both of those things could happen quite easily...Hmm...

    I would LOVE to get a Chili Willies night together when we are all restored to each other. Are you in? Cadillac Nachos are calling your name...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!