CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas times a'comin....

I just picked out my Christmas present from my lovely husband. He was going to buy me an open heart necklace from Kay Jewelers, but I had decided I really didn't like it. I've been wearing a child's butterfly necklace that his Uncle Butch gave me for Christmas last year, and I wanted to merely add a charm for the baby.

After 2 hours of search, and the price parameters of $50, I have managed to locate my Christmas present. I'm going to put money in the bank tomorrow, and order it.


I love it!!!!! It's perfect. It's what I've been looking for for nearly a month.

I also got Jewel's Christmas present on Etsy yesterday!! I am so in love with etsy.com!!!! I'm going to attempt to sell some hand-spun yarn and maybe some photography on there next semester!

I have a nasty cold/sinus infection, and I'm praying I get over it soon. We go back up to Carl's family on Christmas Eve, and I don't want to be contagious. Not that it would really matter much, they were all sick when we left! I did get to meet, and fall in love with, our newest nephew, Aaron James. He was born on December 5th (Jewel's birthday! Ha! Easy to remember!) and is absolutely gorgeous.




I was quite proud of that picture, thank you. Natural light and babies is ces magnifique! I know I butchered the spelling of that, but I'm a hillbilly, it's allowed!

The holidays have gotten a little easier. While Christmas shopping with my mom at our local Wal-mart yesterday, however, I had a bit of a sad moment. I was sitting in the car, feeling horrible, and every other woman that walked into Walmart had a pregnant belly. Literally. When mom came to the car, and I said "Are we ready to be out of pregnant belly hell?" Mom just squeezed my leg, and told me my time would come. I know it will, but its still difficult!

Keep Baylee Littrell in your prayers. He's the son of Leighanne & Brian Littrell (Christian singer and member of the Backstreet Boys). Here's a quote from the blog that was posted on BSB's Myspace blog.

"On Saturday December 20, 2008, Baylee T W Littrell was released from Scottish Rite Children's Hospital in Atlanta.

Before being admitted Baylee had been treated for or thought to have had strep throat, hand, foot, mouth disease and erythema multiforme. After receiving a biopsy, blood tests, an EKG and 2 echocardiograms, Baylee was finally diagnosed with A-Typical Kawasaki Disease. We would like to stress A-Typical because Baylee did not have text book symptoms of any of the viruses they thought he had.

Kawasaki Disease causes inflammation in the coronary arteries as well as the walls of the small and medium sized arteries throughout the body. Unfortunately, Baylee's coronary arteries were affected. He received an IVIG, which is a treatment to bring down the inflammation in his coronary arteries. Baylee will be closely monitored for the next 6-8 weeks by a Pediatric Cardiologist to see if the treatment was effective."

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!