CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Faith, in stages

I've been wanting to write a post about my faith for a while. Something that defines who I am, and what I believe in. But I realized that that isn't as easy as it sounds.

I went to a Bible college, and have sat through numerous Bible classes and theology lectures. And I'm going to tell you a big secret (they can't take my diploma away now, right?)... I would not have gotten through college if it weren't for my Daddy. He would read through the heavy theological books we were supposed to read and high-light and leave notes. He never did my work for me perse, he just brought it down to my level. I aced all the rest of my college classes, but philosophy and theology just never made sense to me.

Why didn't it make sense to me? Because to me it was simple.

Jesus is Lord. God sent Jesus to us to save us. There is no other way but Jesus.

The end.

I don't care about the philosophical ramifications behind the statements I just made. Maybe I should, but I don't. I believe that I need to love everyone. To spread the love that Jesus showed, and to not judge. It's not that hard of a concept, at least for me. I just can't wrap my head around all the nuances of the different philosophical planes.

So it's hard to define who I am as a Christian. I guess I'd have to define myself. I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, aunt, and sometimes a writer. When I do all of those things, I have to do them with Christ showing through me... I shouldn't have to try... and Christian shouldn't have to be added to that definition list. It should be WHO I am, which everything else revolves around.

I'm not making much sense to myself... except that I need to bring God to the forefront of who I am and what I do. I need to be defined by him first, and the other titles second.

And I need to trust in him fully. For me, that's the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!