CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Holy...

So... 36w Midwife appointment...

Everything goes normal (except that I leave my list of questions in the car). She does the Strep B screening, then does a quick (painful) internal.

I'd been asking about using Evening Primrose Oil, starting next week, both orally and internally. She told me she was fine with it, as long as I waited until next week.

She does the internal, pauses and goes "I don't think you're going to need the Evening Primrose Oil..." and then proceeds to tell me that I'm 50% effaced and 3cms dilated.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

She said she may not see me at my next appointment (next Tuesday) as I may already have a baby by then. I realize fully that being this effaced/dilated doesn't really mean anything... and that I could still be pregnant on my due date...

But, these Braxton Hicks contractions are insane. I hadn't had them until yesterday... and I probably had 30-50 ones yesterday... maybe more. I also have a backache and rectal pressure.

So.. we're going to get groceries today... and get some lunch. I'm STARVING and there's no food in the house. Then, I need to accomplish the following in the apartment before the baby comes.

- clean the kitchen counters/stove
- sweep the kitchen
- vacuum the bedroom/hallway/living room
- clean the toilet/bathtub
- put up the 3 laundry baskets full of clothes and towels
- put up all the rest of the clothes in the bedroom that are just strown places
- pick up trash and straighten up the bedroom
- open the diapers/get the diaper basket ready
- take out trash

I think that's all. If I wanna get REALLY crazy... I need to take down the vents and vacuum them out.

We still need a humidifier for the apartment, as it is so freaking dry in here. I got pacifiers and sheets for the pack-n-play yesterday... and packed the hospital bags... we're about as ready as we're going to be.

Alright Keevia, come out whenever you're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!