CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Labor and Delivery = FAIL

So... I went to my appointment with my midwife yesterday. I was 75% effaced and 4cms dilated, at a -1 station, and she could feel my bag (which means that whole bulging water feeling I've had is warranted).

Keevia had dropped EVEN more overnight the night before last or something, because everytime I walk now I feel like she's falling out. It makes me want to walk around holding my crotch for whatever reason. LOL!

So, I was having contractions on and off all day yesterday... and after our appointment with the MW, we decided to go to mall and walk around because I just felt 'different'. So... we walked and walked and walked and walked.

And my contractions got stronger and stronger and stronger and stronger.

They were never painful though... just an extreme tightening. I have a stupendeously high pain tolerance though. They started at 6 mins apart at 6:45, lasting about a minute in length, and by 10:45 they were 3 minutes apart and lasting anywhere from a minute to a minute and a half.

Because I had progressed to 4cms without any real contractions at all... and the fact that we live about 45 mintues from the hospital (if we're staying at our apartment) and an hour and a half from the hospital if we're staying at my parents (which we were), so we decided around 11 to go in and be checked.

Yeah, fail. I was still 4 cms when I got there, and still 4 cms when I left. I WAS having close, regular contractions... they just slacked off in intensity as soon as we got to the hospital. Our nurse assured us it wasn't a big deal, and was really funny. I felt better because I thought the contractions stopped as soon as we got there... but they didn't, you could see them on the monitor, they just weren't "strong enough to do anything"

Quite a funny story: My daughter hates the doppler. HATES IT. So... when I was hooked up to the monitors, she moved... and they had to come in... and then they couldn't find her heartbeat but she kept attacking the doppler (and they could HEAR her attack it), and then they had to double band me and roll up ANOTHER piece of the band thing and put that to make it tighter. It was hilarious. She passed her NST (that they apparently do?) with flying colors though!

So yes. I have made my first trip to L&D and survived. I'm still having contractions regularly, and my nurse DID say we may be back "very soon" if they keep that up. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I found you from Blair's blog. I will be following you every day now to see if you've had your little girl yet =)

    My "little boy" is going to be 2 on Sunday =)

    GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!