CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hair update

So, I know y'all don't really care, but I want to document this for myself, ha!

I did a baking soda wash, and an apple cider vinegar rinse/soak. I'm following a modified "Curly Girl" routine, as well as a "poo-less" routine. Basically, I'm making this up as I go along!

Once out of the shower, I used Mane and Tail conditioner, because it's the only 'cone' less conditioner we own (cone stands for Silicone) and just left it in my hair, then I plopped my hair, and plan on going to bed with it plopped.

So... we'll see how it looks in the morning.

It was interesting in the shower. I have SO much dandruff/itchy scalp that its incredible, in fact, that is the main reason I'm doing it. That and the fact that I want to stop using SO much product on my hair, and reduce my chemical exposure... but the scalp thing, that was right up there too. It actually felt REALLY good to massage the baking soda into my scalp, as it was kind of a rough texture so it felt like I was scratching! My hair didn't necessarily feel "clean" like I'm used to, but it didn't feel bad either. I really could feel it soften with the apple-cider vinegar rinse!!!

So we'll see. This is day one... I've heard it can take weeks to get back to normal.. or, well, your hairs normal... which may not be the normal you're used to. It's an adventure, to be sure!!

Now, lets see how well I sleep on these sausage rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!