CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Keevia at 15 Months

This post is a little late, but I wanted to make it to her 15 month appointment first!

At Fifteen Months :



- You are 23 lbs and 32 inches! Your head is 54 cms, which, per usual, is off the growth charts!
- You went from 25th% in weight to 50th% and from 50th% in height to 90th%! In just 3 months! You now have the head of a normal 4 year old. See why we're still rear-facing?
- You can now RUN where-ever you want! You're so hilarious! You have this little arm swing you do!
- You can do the motions to "Itsy-Bitsy Spider", "Pat-A-Cake", "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes", "Rock-A-Bye Your Bear" and... some other wiggles song I can't think of.
- You ADORE the Wiggles (and the youtube video Giggle with the Goats!)
- You've discovered what a computer is and you want to watch videos on it whenever anyone has one out!
- You LOVE to eat! There really isn't anything that you don't like!
- You've finally discovered books! You won't let us read you a full one yet, but you'll "read" to us. ADORABLE.
- You jabber constantly. I'm beginning to make out not just words, but sentences. Last night I said "Um, Keevia? That thermometer really doesn't go in the wall" and I heard you say, clear as day "I want it to blahblablhalblah" CRAZY that you're talking!
- You finally learned to sit up on your own! This took a while, that big head weighed you down!
- You can pull up on anything. Doorjam, chair, stack of books, etc. But, you cannot get yourself to standing in the middle of the floor. Your head is just too heavy!
- You love to snuggle! When you aren't on the run, you snuggle up with Mommy and talk to me.
- You adore pulling up your Mamaw's shirt and "tickling" her belly to watch her squeal!
- You "love" your baby when asked too. Giving it a hug and going "Ahhhhh"
- You give splendiforus kisses and hugs!
- If Mommy is hugging anyone, you will run up and hug the back of my legs!
- You can sign: bird, dog, cat, more, nurse, hungry, bath and you've made up your own sign for wiggles!
- Your vocabulary is kind of small right now, but I think you're close to talking!
- You LOVE to get in Mamaw's cabinets and see what treasures you can find!
- You despise having your diaper changed. You also aren't a big fan of finger nail clippings or toe nails... I keep trying to tell you it's a manicure, but you just don't believe me.
- You love to "cook" with Mommy or Mamaw. You get a pot and spoon and stir away!
- You ADORE your sippy cup. You drink about 5-6 6oz sippies of milk a day, and 1-2 of juice.
- You're such a ham! You make the funniest faces!
- You can locate and point to: Your belly, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, toes, and head!
- You are very, how shall we say, opinionated in matters. You enjoy letting us know those opinions as well!
- You now have 6 teeth!!!! Three on the bottom and three on the top (and they're on matching sides!). What can I say? You're original!
- You are now in 18 & 24 month shirts and 18 month pants (and still some 12 month pants). You wear size 3 shoes, and 6-12 month socks. You hate jackets, but tolerate pull overs okay. You wear 18 months or 24 month sleepers. Where has my tiny baby gone???
- You still wear size 3 diapers (and medium cloth diapers), but I think when we go to Lexington to get diapers the next time, I'll be buying size 4's!
- You had your first ear infection the week after Christmas, and also had bronchitis.
- You sleep through the night almost every night. If you don't, you usually have a belly ache. You sleep in your crib really well, but after your little sicky episode, you've spent the majority of nights in bed with me. If your Daddy quarantines himself off into the guest room (like he is now with a 101.6 fever) I usually just keep you in my bed so we'll get more/better sleep. I adore waking up to your sweet face!
- You're still nursing, although definitely not as strong as you were! You nurse about 2-3 times a day now, and sometimes more or less. I know you're weaning slowly, and it's breaking my heart!


Keevia,
You have the best personality. Seeing how giving you are with others at such a young age just melts my heart. And the fact that you are so affectionate, even to people you don't know very well. You always have a smile, and a finger wave for everyone. You light up my world little girl. I love waking up with you in the mornings. I love watching you get so excited about food, or about a doll, or a balloon. I love the way your whole face lights up. I love when you throw your hands to your mouth in a "uh-oh" gesture. I love every stinking thing about you and I can't believe you've been with us for 15 months... yet, I can't imagine not having you. What did I do with my days? With my time?

I cannot wait to continue to watch you change and grow. Girl, you ARE amazing. You're smarter than me already, and I adore watching your mind work. You challenge me every day: My patience, my heart, my mind. And I love you more for it.

I can't wait for you to grow up, and play tea parties, and dress up, and school. Yet I love the simply joy that a bowl and a spoon brings you right now. Stay little my baby girl.

Mommy loves you.


1 comment:

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!