CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

So I have this friend...

who makes underwear.

Who would have thought I was going THERE with that post?

My best friend, Jewels, (and maid of honor!) is seriously the most ambitious person I know. I mean, what else do you call it when she single-handedly sold over 10,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies? Or when she was DETERMINED to go to an Ivy League college from our little podunk town? She has triumphed over Organic Chemistry, and used it (and her entrepreneurship skills) to co-create her own company.

Lets go back to how we met.

To be honest, I'm not real sure of our first official meeting. I think we were 5 or 6 years old, and it was probably when I joined the Brownies group that her mother was the leader of. I remember a play-date not too much later where she and I played in the yard while her Mom sat on my grandparents porch and carefully observed the girl who was playing with her daughter. Now, as a mom, I totally respect her mother for doing this!

I don't know when we became best friends either, but 99.9% of my childhood memories encompass her. We were in Girl Scouts together, in the same Home School support group, did gymnastics together, and went to the same church/in the same youth group. We were literally inseparable.

Like most girls, we had our ups and our downs. Especially when it came to boys. We had big, huge fights, and then would make up not to long afterward. I can really only remember what one fight was about now, and I remember how we cried together when it was resolved.

When we entered into high school, she decided to take the plunge and entered into public school, while I stayed being home schooled. It never phased her though, and she continued to invite me to anything she did. It was at one of her sleepovers that my (now) sister-in-law basically whacked me upside the head and went "HEY STUPID! My brother is in love with you!" Her house still feels like a second home to me, even though I haven't spent much time in it these last few years.

She took on all the "big" classes in high school, fighting hard for her grades. She was the co-valedictorian of our class, and went on to attend Brown University. Although I've never really forgiven her for moving so very, very far away... I could not be prouder of her. I have been promising her a visit for oh, 6 years now? And I promise to some day make that visit come true!

Her senior year of college, she took an entrepreneurship class. She and some other lovely people came up the idea of period underwear. She's always been rather concerned with cute undies, as I can attest because we went shopping together 3,534 times. So it makes sense that this would be her niche! After the class, she and her friend Eunice began looking into the idea more heavily, and low and behold, Eulie was formed.

This past week they launched the internet pre-sale of their ADORABLE panties. Now, I haven't tried them yet, but I know that if Jewels endorses them, that they have to be fabulous. To be honest, for me, a stay-at-home mom on a VERY fixed budget, they're a little high price-wise. But, you have to remember that they are BOUTIQUE undies! And the purpose of them is really spot-on (haha). They have 3 layers of wicking/absorbent material that is also stain resistant. Then they have a final layer that acts as a leak-resistant layer, keeping all of the, ahem, accidents from showing up on your white jeans (really, who would wear such a thing?).

I think that they are adorable. And I really, really could not be prouder of her for all of this! I'm anxiously awaiting a phone call so we can catch up in the upcoming days!

There are still 157 pairs of "Preview Sale" undies available, so be sure to check them out!

P.S. If you watch the video, that's my girl right there!

3 comments:

  1. That is the most awesome thing I've seen! :) I hope to see them succeed, but I am rather cheap and don't have any reason to wear sexy underwear, or own white pants for that matter! They totally rock though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this story! I've seen some stuff on facebook, but I wondered how it all started. But I have to say... if there's one time of the month when I DON'T want to be sexy.... it would be "that" one. It's just not practical. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Your article was motivating.But I don't think periods can be sexy....I prefer adirawoman Period Panty over sexy period panty, as they are comparatively more comfortable & affordable. And the best part is that I need nt worry about stains with Adira Period Panty. I would love to recommend it to every woman as a brilliant solution for those 5 days.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!