CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reflux Rollercoaster

I very well may die a very sad death soon.

I'm cutting milk out from my diet.

Y'all just don't understand. I drink 3-4+ glasses of it a day. I drink it in coffee. I eat cereal. I eat it in oatmeal. I eat cheese. I eat lots of butter. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

Why am I doing this insanity? Why am I going down the curvy path instead of the straight and narrow?

I'm pretty sure my daughter has reflux. I refuse to have her put on prevacid or some other medicine that stops the acid in her stomach... to me, that just isn't safe. So, I'm giving her mylanta (which doesn't stop the production of acid, it merely neutralizes it), as well as sitting her up after every feeding, and the kicker... cutting out dairy.

I'm literally already shuddering with the thought of not drinking milk. I started craving it while pregnant and I continue to crave it. I've cut out all coke at home (GO ME!) so I drank milk or water with meals.

Hello water, apparently we're about to be besties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your questions or comments! Please, please, PLEASE make sure your email is listed in your profile, to PLEASE provide it here so I can respond to you! If you prefer, email me at divasmomblog @ gmail dot com!